30+ days ago - req10020
HMI - Electrical Supply Quality Engineer - Tainan
In a nutshell
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that the lithography industry needs to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
As a Supply Quality Engineer, you will take a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on parts quality. You maintains and develops at an operational level the relation to the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML while managing all the critical quality elements of full lifecycle of product from NPI stage to Volume. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the supplier & ASML internal stakeholders to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the project the Supply Quality Engineer (SQE) is the primary responsible to ensure parts quality from our suppliers. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
• Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
• Ensure that not only parts quality, however, also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
• Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
• New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
• Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process
• Responsible for the entire Quality and Technical process performance for suppliers, including operational interface on deviations from specifications
• Monitor, review and drive supplier quality performance from incidents to structural improvement
• Optimize manufacturing processes at suppliers by improving quality, testing and qualification infrastructure
• Drive yield and process improvements at suppliers. Actively participate in improvement projects at suppliers (cycle time reduction, cost of goods reduction)
• Carry-out analyses of quality and logistical issues to drive technical solutions needed during material availability escalations
• Support implementation of hardware changes at suppliers
The core competencies are:
• Production process qualification for R4V of mains products (PFMEA)
• Manufacturing conform standards (UL508A).
• Process to maintain and improve products-SPC
• Ability to added RequisitionLocal testing strategy (zero NFF)
• Supply chain management / highest reliability
• Technology leadership for the specific (mains)product
• Technology competence/Technical Dev.Comp.(incl. EOL)
BScor MSc in Mechatronics/ElectricalEngineering
Broad (at least 5-8 years) experience in high tech environment with a focus on supplier management or part quality or project management in Electro-mechanics engineering. Familiar with electrical circuit and measurement tools. Have experience on circuit design software and PCB layout software as well as Engineering towards production processes. Specialism in electro-mechanic assemblies.
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
• Ability to read and analysis the electrical circuits/schematics.
• Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
• Strong networker with good negotiating and team building skills
• Strong communicator.
• Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
• Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
• Flexible, result driven and committed.
• Team player
• Process oriented
• Fluent in English
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader of the Supplier Quality Management HMI. Interfaces with Suppliers, Project leads Development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers, Logistic and Procurement. Travelling to (global) suppliers may be required.