30+ days ago - req10068
Mechanical Lead Engineer Wafer Tables and Clamps
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Wafer tables and clamps are the mechanical interface between ourmachine and the wafers that we process. A product that needs to provide ananometer accurate platform for over a million wafer passes. It requires thecomplex combination of precision engineering, tribology, materials and highprecision manufacturing competences to realize this.
You are the mechanical leadengineer that owns the products and develops them with a small engineering teamin a (multi)project setting.
Technical ownership of the hardware development or issueresolution from start to end. Realize products with the optimal balance ofprecision engineering, tribology, materials and high precision manufacturing aspects.Introduce product designs in an efficient manner which are reliable,manufacturable, cost effective and meet the functional and operationalrequirements.
- Lead the developments of precisionengineered products for Wafer Tables, Wafer Clamps and contributinghardware.
- Develop realistic hardware concepts that meet the requirements.
- Interact with users and suppliers to achieve the optimal product.
- Execute the mechanical design with a small team of engineers in a project setting.
- Realize the qualification of the design bycontributing to the specification of various tests.
- Design and realize test equipment andappliances. Ensure that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Responsible for the technical productdocumentation.
Bachelor or Master graduate in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 to 10 years ofexperience in the development of precision hardware.
- Multiple years ofexperience in technical leadership of a team of mechanical engineers.
- Highly motivated teamplayer with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Able to providetechnical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- In depth knowledge ofprecision engineering, materials, optics/ceramics manufacturing techniquesand tribology.
- Well-developedanalytical ability and a pragmatic attitude.
- Drives for decisionsand takes responsibility for them.
- Ability to work in aninternational multicultural setting. Fluent in English.
This position requires access to US controlled technology.
Internal reference: #LI-IK1