30+ days ago - req10640
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & Development
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation, you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer with a strong background in solid modeling, detailed drawings, and mechanical design to join our DUV CAD team.This position will be focused on sustaining mechanical assemblies and completing drawing updates for change orders for our DUV lasers.
- Processing change orders and updating documentation in Agile
- Create detail drawings and solid models in Creo
- Mechanical design of machined, sheet metal, and plastic parts
- Conduct problem solving on mechanical fit and performance issues
- Collaborate with vendors on the fabrication of mechanical parts
- Design production fixtures for assembly and alignment
- Collaborate with other engineering groups such as Optics, Chambers, Systems, and Controls on sub-system design
- Other responsibilities may be added as business conditions arise
- Requires a B.S in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- >7 years of mechanical design/drafting experience
- Experience designing mechanical parts (machined, sheet metal, molded)
- Experience working with machine shops and other part fabricators
- Proficient with CAD software (solid modeling and detailed drawings). Creo is preferred.
- Finite Element Modeling experience (structural, thermal, vibration)
- Experience with documentation control systems, Agile and Windchill preferred
- Knowledge of GD&T and mechanical tolerance analysis
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
May require travel dependent on business needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can work under deadlines.
The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered during work.
Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) on a frequent basis.
Requires working in a manufacturing clean room environment occasionally.
Requires working with Excimer lasers in noisy environments (requiring ear protection) and potential radiation hazards (requiring eye and skin protection).
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE