30+ days ago - req2115
Senior Design Engineer Image Processing & Mathematical Optimization
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development, Design Engineering
Physics, Mathematics, Optics
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. Within our Business Line Applications the group YieldStar Algorithms and Image Processing is uniquely positioned between Research and Product Development and covers the development of physical, optical and mathematical models and methods required to infer Overlay and Focus from scatterometry data.
In this position you will be responsible for identifying, designing and implementing relevant new metrics and algorithms, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using raw acquisitions. Therefore you will be contributing to the invention of new ASML products providing state-of-the-art expertise in Mathematical optimization, Image and Signal Processing and Machine Learning.
- Design and realize fully functional proof-of-concept subsystems on the edge of system specifications, costs and project planning;
- Propose physical/optical and mathematical models, Image processing algorithms, calibrations which enable and improve semiconductor metrology solutions beyond the optical resolution limit
- Collaborate with the ASML Research department and on-product applications groups to actively contribute to the invention of new ASML products;
- Contribute to the technical and competence roadmaps for Image & Signal Processing and stay abreast of the latest developments in your field of expertise.
- Generate patents protecting ASML products
Ph.D. or equivalent level of education in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics
- A solid experience in mathematical optimization, image & signal processing, machine learning is required;
- Experience in mathematical and physical modeling, numerical methods, algorithm design and implementation is preferred;
- Affinity with statistical parameter estimation techniques, geometric and diffractive optics is also preferred;
- Communicate crystal clearly on the mathematical principles, algorithm solutions and physical models to stakeholders, without omitting the essentials.
- You are able to drive creative solutions and are decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment;
- You are a team worker and have a pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, which results in focus and a ‘can do’ spirit.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products. The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology. These solutions extend and improve the performance of lithography and patterning products for the semiconductor industry.
If you wish to apply, please upload your resume and cover letter via the link “Apply for this job” below this job description.