30+ days ago - req2933
Mechatronics Design Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & Development, Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Mechatronics Engineer in the Reticle Positioning MTD group of Mechatronics and Measurement US with concentration in precision mechatronics control. Documenting sub-system functionality and planning and performing test to verify performance
The Reticle Positioning MTD Group, a division of ASML’s Mechatronics and Measurement Department, in Wilton CT is seeking a well-rounded junior engineer. This position will involve working on mechatronics, sub-nanometer linear motion control, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools. Travel (~10%) to Europe, Asia and within the US can be expected.
-Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area of multi-stage linear motion.
The job requires a strong technical individual contributor to:
- Technically own and drive the decisions necessary to complete the tasks
- work with designers from supporting engineering disciplines in order to converge on an overall design solution
- autonomously gather necessary information to conceive and propose options in order to meet the sub-module and sub-system level requirements
- Interface with module architects to derive requirements for the sub-modules
- Write performance specification documents at sub-module level and feed sub-budgets down to the lower levels
- Create sub-module level test protocol docs and subsequent test result analysis to prove sub-module and sub-system level performance specs are met
- Understand and be able to communicate the implication of sub-module level errors on higher module level performance and on other sub-modules
- Clearly communicate technical performance in both written and verbal presentations to stakeholders
- Take responsibility for the deliverables to the project: on time delivery to specified performance at the right quality;
- Create and manage plans for the deliverables to the project, ensure alignment with the project plan
- Interface with field service teams at customer sites and in house production to solve escalations (quickly create action plans, analyze data, drive root cause analysis, determine containments and structural solutions as needed)
Minimum BS in engineering with an emphasis on mechatronic system design and controls or equivalent experience. Masters/PhD degree preferred
-Candidate must have strong communicative skills with a commitment to achieving results on time.
-Candidate shall be a demonstrated "team player" with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
-Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
-MATLAB, Simulink skills are required with ideally some subset of FEA, CAD, Thermal and other modeling tools.
-Ability to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team. Willingness to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
-Ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training. Capability to thoroughly investigate technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab environment)
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1