30+ days ago - req3076
Technical Instructor / Developer
Training & Publications
In a nutshell
Customer Support, Training & Publications
Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical engineering
Do you have a passion for training, teaching and learning? Do you have a high affinity with technology? Are you able to translate knowledge, skills and attitude into variation of learning solutions? Are you a multi team player who is driven and committed to find the best learning solution? Then this could be the position for you within ASML Customer Support Global Training Center.
Your mission will be to work as part of team providing learning solutions (learning processes, delivering and developing training) in a challenging and dynamic international technical environment. Flexibility and innovation are required to match the expectations of our internal and external customers
The ASML Customer Support (CS) department is the crucial link between Development & Engineering (D&E) and customer needs. Within the CS department we focus on the installation, qualification, repair, maintenance and application performance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites. Furthermore, they are responsible for the know-how transfer to the customers. To provide this excellent support to the customers, all application engineers need to be trained on the latest technologies.
The CS Global Training Center (GTC) develops and delivers Application learning solutions through many training events yearly worldwide (WW) for Application engineers. As Application trainer Developer / training instructor you will be responsible for developing and delivering blended high quality Application training (Instructor Led Training (ILT), Web Based Training (WBT), Case Based Learning (CBL), Virtual Classroom (VR), animations, training reference material, etc.) to application engineers (mainly) from the CS Sector of ASML, however ASML customers as well.
Developing and delivering application training is based on an Instructional Model called Analyze Design Develop Implement Evaluate (ADDIE). You will be part of a Project Team working on all phases of ADDIE. You will also be responsible for creating training solutions to issues reported from Customer Support (CS) Application engineers in the Field as well as Application Development & Engineering (D&E).Additionally as a Trainer Developer you will work with employees, from the CS Application Field organization and Application Development & Engineering (D&E), to develop the application training content for new products being released to the CS Field Organization.
You will be a member of the CS Global Training Center situated in Veldhoven, The Netherlands (CS GTC, ~100 employees worldwide).
- Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
- Didactical certificate is preferred.
- 2-3 years of delivering Technical Training.
- Proven affinity with or expertise in education and/or didactics.
- Experience working in operation and/or field and have understanding of way-of-working.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Critical interviewing, coaching and communicative skills and a passion for training, teaching and learning
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Consultancy skills with strong analytical skills, ability for analytical and abstract thinking
- Teamwork, planning and organization skills
- Able and willing to travelBusiness sense for possible new opportunities which add RequisitionLocal to our core business
Context of the position
Within our department you work in one or more projects supporting the learning needs of our (internal) customers. Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre and D&E) you translate (internal) customer requirements into training packages.
You will train engineers on several levels:
- Level 1: Introduction to the machine (functional overview and machine operation).
- Level 2: Maintenance & Adjustments (major replacements, calibrations).
- Level 3: Advanced subjects (troubleshooting & diagnosing).
This position is within the CS sector, home based location; Veldhoven in The Netherlands. The CS Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, upgrades, repair, maintenance and application performance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the (internal) customer. Local Customer Support application engineers perform application tasks at the customers within their specific region.
The CS GTC department is the crucial link between the development department and the thousands of engineers working at customer sites worldwide and engineers in Veldhoven, all performing excellent support. The CS GTC department develops and delivers technical application training through many of training events yearly worldwide. Most trainees are from the CS Application sector. About 40% of the trainees are customer engineers. The CS GTC has training facilities in The Netherlands (Veldhoven), Taiwan (Linkou), USA (San Diego), Korea (Hwasung-Si) and China (Shanghai).
Travel: Flexibility to travel to other countries (up to 30%) if needed.