30+ days ago - req3764
Component Engineer/ cable expert
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
‘Excellent designs are characterized by the balance of functional performance, quality, cost and logistical performance’. ‘Catalog components set the boundaries of design performance’.
Do these statements match your experiences in electronics design? Are you challenged by negotiating this balance with multi-disciplinary internal and external stakeholders? Can you push tomorrow’s boundaries? Join us.
Support realization of the ASML product roadmap by expert knowledge on component technology and market development.
Ensure availability of the best of-the-shelf component solutions the market has to offer ASML.
Mitigate effects of of-the-shelf component issues
As a component engineer your focus will be on selection, qualification and accurate registration of catalog materials and customized derivatives of these. To ensure smooth and efficient introduction of new materials early involvement in design activities or issue resolution is key. In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement officers providing advice and guard the balance between technology, quality, cost and logistics.
- Build and maintain expertise within the assigned product category
- Selection, qualification and introduction of new components in the ASML database.
- Facilitate and monitor development of customized derivatives.
- Ensure complete, accurate and up-to-date component data in the database
- Together with the component engineering team guard the performance level of catalog products in the database
- Lead root cause analysis and improvement actions for component failure issues
Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or higher in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience.
- More than 2 years in electronics design, preferably in the field of embedded functions and systems
- Affinity with production equipment and (cleanroom) tooling
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE, UL, IEC)
- Team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Influencing without authority.
- Fluent Dutch and English in word and in writing
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E, the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EDEV, the group Electrical Design Services is responsible for supporting electronic-based solutions and for support on delivery of these solutions. The component engineer will report to the manager of the Electrical Design Services group
ASML creates the conditions
that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art
facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career
opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment
of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers
information about your key drivers, your personal RequisitionLocals, motivators and career
ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there
is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.