30+ days ago - req5844
F&A - Business Control of Taiwan - Hsinchu
In a nutshell
THIS JOB IS NOT A STANDARD FINANCE CONTROL POSITION
• Eager to manage a business that generates Eur > 2 bln in average annual revenue in Taiwan
• Enjoys driving teams to make better decisions and holding them accountable for execution
• Offers people workable & creative alternatives instead of just saying no
•Able and willing to speak up and team player
The business control, while reporting directly to the Finance Director of Taiwan, is responsible for working directly with ASML Taiwan’s Account Teams and Customer Support (CS) Teams to manage all financial and contractual aspects of ASML’s commercial operations in Taiwan.
Key responsibilities include:
•Be the finance lead in setting up commercial deals with Taiwanese customers, ensuring risks and rewards for ASML and customer are clear and mutually beneficial.
•Ensuring we execute on these deals by reporting compelling business insights, aimed at driving actions as opposed to informing us about the past. This can be broken down into 3 main activities:
(i) Target / objectives setting. Ensure the selection of relevant and smart objectives that support ASML long term RequisitionLocal creation. Targets needs to drive quality improvement rather than solely compliance checks.
(ii) Set up and consolidation of management information relevant to the organization’s progress against these objectives.
(iii) Drive corrective actions and intervention by managers to continuously improve future performance.
•Recommend and implement creative out of the box options and alternatives for improving the financial and contractual terms of sales proposals, as well as dealing with issue resolution that emerge while executing deals.
•Key financial objectives include ensuring we reach our guided revenues, margins and cash flows.
•Interface and align between “front- office” Sales/CS operations (i.e. Account Managers, CS Managers, Sales/CS Control, Legal, Contracts) and supporting “back-office” functions (i.e. Sales/CS Accounting, Back-office accounting, and Corp. Financial Planning).
•Prepare and monitor the Sales/CS budgets and provide required support to the Sales/CS organizations for preparing for monthly operational review meetings.
•Assist in implementation and oversight of corporate initiatives impacting the Sales/CS organizations (i.e. liquidity initiative cost of ownership).
Master degree or above in Business Administration/ Finance & Accounting
1. Strong Financial and Business Management Skills: The role calls for someone with strong strategic abilities, able to envision alternatives for a complex business and foster critical evaluation on the part of the business heads.
2. Exceptional Communications Skills: The individual must be an outstanding communicator with the members of the management team, customers and other senior managers.
3. Leadership Abilities: The candidate is expected to provide functional and business leadership through his/her financial acumen and business experience. This involves active management of the business in real time, not just reporting the performance after the fact.
4. Impeccable Values and Ethics: The ideal candidate will embody the strong corporate RequisitionLocals of diversity, equal opportunity, attention to individuals and people, and commitment to local communities.
5. International Experience: For the long-term career development with ASML, the successful candidate will need to relocate to take on leadership positions in Europe or Asia. Thus, it is important that the candidate have had experience with or at least sensitivity to working across cultures.
6. Team Building Skills: The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between managers, peers and subordinates within the organization.
7. Industry expertise: A fit with ASML corporate culture (speak up, also to senior management), and meeting the creativity and problem solving requirements are much more important than any knowledge of the Semiconductor industry. A curiosity to learn to understand the industry is essential.