30+ days ago - req6590
(Senior) Researcher Applied Optics
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you experienced in modeling wave optics or nanophotonics? Do you want to work at the forefront of technology and create innovative ideas? Then the ASML Research department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Execute research with application to lithography for future nodes in the semiconductor industry, with an emphasis on diffraction optics applied to the most challenging EUV imaging (wave optical) problems. The simulations will be performed with different simulation methods such as a commercial lithography simulator using in-house software and the development of new calculations and or simulations.
Responsibilities of a Senior researcher in the Research “SEM and process modeling” group:
- Combination of fundamental diffraction calculations, with optical scanner simulations to quantify the impact of novel photomask solutions on imaging quality.
- Designing experiments to verify the modelling work and analyzing experimental data.
- Collaborate with experimentalists.
- Generate intellectual property.
PhD in Physics (experimental or theoretical) with a background in applied optics or nanophotonics and demonstrated
experience with computational modeling/simulations, preferably5or moreyears of working experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Researcher with the following expertise:
- Experience and affinity with setting up, running and analyzing scientific simulations using commercial tools or own written scripts.
- Thorough understanding of physical principles related to applied optics.
- Demonstrated experience with developing new/custom code for physical simulations.
-Team worker and excellent communicator.
-Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
-Able to see and develop the bigger picture.
-Decisive and self-propelling.
-Result focused and solution oriented.
-Ability to influence without power.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Research is responsible for creating ideas and solutions that enable a continuation of the ASML roadmaps. The group “SEM and Process modeling” is responsible for innovations in the area of SEM metrology and computational lithography.