30+ days ago - req6911
Lead Engineer Precision Mechanics
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Research & Development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer in Precision Mechanics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group Mechanical Precision Engineering is responsible for precision engineering of critical modules and for general mechanical analysis.
As a lead engineer you have the opportunity to develop leading edge hardware solutions for the ASML products of the future.
- You will be part of a project team which delivers a functional product.
- Your job is to define the requirements of the hardware part, explore feasible concepts and develop the best solution with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
- Then, you work out the details with a team of engineers and finally you’ll deliver the complete design and technical product documentation.
- You will work together with our suppliers to ensure that parts of high quality can be manufactured and validate that your design meets the requirements.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, working together with the architect, team lead and (junior) designers - to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems;
- You are a technical leader in defining solutions and guiding several engineers, as well as managing supplier feedback;
- You will be concerned with the correct application of mechanical construction principles;
- You realize the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests;
- You are responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service;
- You will give guidance to junior design engineers, in order for them to carry out their various tasks efficiently, furthermore – you give feedback on their performance when needed, in order for the engineers to grow.
- You participate in continuous improvement projects.
Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- You have at least five years of experience and understanding of (high-) precision mechanics and mechanical design principles;
- You have experience working in a demanding, complex technical multi-disciplinary environment;
- Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred.
- You have experience in taking the lead in Process-, Product- or People-management;
- You have the skills and experience to give technical direction in a team of designers;
- You have a strong drive to bring innovative ideas to the table, challenge ideas, discuss ideas and improve ideas;
- You thrive in an international multicultural setting;
- You are business fluent in English.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Dynamic environment.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Working at ASML
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.