30+ days ago - req6974
Sr. Product Engineer – Source and Mask Optimization (SMO) and resolution enhancement technique (RET)
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & Development
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
We are proud of bringing together the brightest minds all over the world to tackle the most challenging problems in making faster and smaller chips. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to go beyond yourself in developing more advanced techniques and push the technology boundaries.
ASML San Jose, CA is an industry leader in computational lithography for integrated circuits. Our Tachyon platform enables capabilities that address chip design, photomask making and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing and the LithoTuner platform enables lithography optimization for ASML’s leading photo lithography tools, known as ‘scanners’.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our state of the art Tachyon SMO product. This position will be in our SMO/RET PEG (Product Engineering Group) organization. The Product Engineering group is responsible for feasibility study of advanced DUV and EUV imaging, ASML scanner model integration, define use case for new product feature proof data , new feature requirements, new customer engagements, Product Requirement Definition (PRD), second-line support of current accounts, release testing with acceptance tests, and training (internal / external). The team works closely with software developers, marketing, sales, operations, SQA, other PEG teams, and customers; therefore this job provides a broad exposure to whole pictures of different products. PEG engineers play a key role in shaping and directing product growth and development. This job also provides excellent career development opportunities thanks to its wide work scope.
- Clear understanding of imaging theories (Abbe, Hopkins).
- Experience in RET/OPC and rigouious simulation.
- Knowledge in EUV lithography and challenges.
- Chemical amplified resist, Negative tone development and resist processing.
- Knowledge in optimization methods.
- Familiar with ASML scanner system and the key imaging modules is a plus.
- presentation and customer support skills.
- Ability to explore new applications of our existing product line.
- Create product specification based on Marketing/custuser inputs.
- Conduct feasibility studies, prototype testing and generate feature proof data.
- Documentation including the user’s manual and other technical documents.
- knowledge of data analytics and machine learning.
- Research, evaluate, and present statistical or Machine Learning methods to provide actionable insights.
- Provide training to field engineers and key customers.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Imaging science preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in lithography or related fields.
- Solid underatnding of imaing theories (Abbe, Hopkins).
- Experience in wafer fabs, and direct involvementin scanner and yield management.
- Direct or indirect experience in OPC (Optical Proximity Correction), including rogorious lithography simulation (Hyperlith, Prolith), RET, and advanced mask technology.
- Intermediate to Advanced software programming skills a plus.
- Familiar with script language, PERL, Python, Lua, and MATLAB.
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and willing to support customers.
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- Quick learner and flexibility are key.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.