30+ days ago - req6985
Customer Support Engineer 1
In a nutshell
Malta - NY, US
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Customer Support Engineer (CSE) are part of the Customer Support organization, which is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. The CSE, an ambassador for ASML, must be the first line of support for the repair and maintenance of the ASML Systems. The CSE will interface with the customers, peers, local 2nd line support and staff management to assure timely and accurate support. The CSE must be able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders in relation to driving availability to their specific customer. Provide our customer with a quality experience by utilizing planning, problem-solving and communication skills. Develop an ongoing relationship of trust and reliability with customers and co-workers.
Maintain and service photo lithography equipment at customer site in clean room. Periodically install new equipment, perform upgrades on existing equipment and system relocations.
- Advise customer on actions to correct system malfunctions
- Interact with customer – train in use and maintenance of equipment, answer questions and provide technical assistance
- Monitor system performance
- Identify root issue and make appropriate repairs
- Create accurate reports
- Accurately maintain/document time and works actions
- Drive improvement via proper channels
- Provide support and assistance to other ASML personnel
- Escalate issues when required
Bachelor degree in Engineering field or equivalent experience.
2-5 years’ work experience or 1-2 years’ experience in semiconductor industry.
Clear and effective communication
- Proven ability to effectively work in a demanding environment
- Ownership and responsibility – is able to adapt to customer circumstances, is proactive and drives for changes.
- Teamwork – is able to work on the common goal with others, support others without being asked.
- Quality – is able to show a proactive mentality and be able to do more than is expected. Be able to think out of the box to come to adequate solutions to issues.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer