30+ days ago - req7179
System Architect Mechanical Development
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Design Engineering, System Engineering, Research & Development
System Integration, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
As System Architect Mechatronics you are responsible for the Mechatronics System Architecture enabling the optimal mechatronic functionality and cost effective engineering of new systems. ASML achieving the systems of the future, you the opportunity to impact directly on our state-of-the-art technology innovations.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) Applications is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics & Electronics and Immersion & Vacuum Systems specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
You deliver the hardware architecture/high level design for mechatronics systems that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new systems.
- Creation and investigation of mechatronics concept (M) design for wafer and sensor stages.
- Validation of concepts on high level requirements regarding position accuracy, speed (system output) and other functional specification requirements
- Definition of high level modules and related technical interfaces.
- Monitoring that projects stay within agreed specifications.
- Contributions to system roadmaps.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups.
- Stakeholder management.
- Setting direction in and deployment of the Way of Working (a.o. using V-model, PGP process, design reviews,..) and ensuring proper competence management within the group.
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical/mechatronics engineers in the team.
Master and/or PhD Degree or in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
You bring at least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts (or large complex modules), thereby covering all aspects like position accuracy, speed (output), layout, serviceability, transportability, install, etc... Further requirements are:
- Basic knowledge of thermal management, flow control and static design
- Design experience using NX7.5
- Familiar with FEM and related development tools.
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking.
- Helicopter view.
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines.
- Clear and structured way of reporting.
- Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and with suppliers.
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Dynamic environment.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Working at ASML
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal RequisitionLocals, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.