30+ days ago - req7963
Global Technical Support Engineer
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Optics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.We have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA (EUV laser source creation).
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
Provides technical support associated with Cymer laser products for Integrator and Chipmaker Operations.Provides comprehensive technical engineering support for escalations and other technical issues requiring resolution and support to our Field Operations. Key interfaces include account team and program engineering, Cymer Field Service, and Site.
- Serves as an internally recognized specialist who applies, analyzes and interprets a variety of standard theories, concepts, methods, and techniques to a wide range of issues within a single technical area using imaginative as well as practical solutions.
- Provides technical support to field engineers, local technical support engineers, and integrator site operations engineers including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair support.
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering and assists in problem communication and solution implementation to integrator operations/regional support personnel.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Identifies issues emanating from integrator and service operations that require engineering change.Utilizes established change management & field change processes to follow-through with appropriate documentation and implementation for regional service & support organization(s).
- Provides support and adheres to corporate processes associated with new product introduction, released products, quality, technical service reporting, field service communications, etc.
- Interfaces with Site Operations Engineers on diagnosis, troubleshooting on escalations, technical questions, new procedures, repair support and training on new tools.Communicates new product issues originating from Site Ops Engineers to Program Engineering and Account Teams.
- Collects data and provides data package to Advanced Technical Support and/or Program engineering so that design, reliability, maintenance problems or bugs can be submitted to design engineering/software engineering.Assists in problem communication and solution implementation to direct customer operations/regional support personnel.
- Works with Advanced Technical Support, SMS Customer Support Management, and Program Engineers to define and scope troubleshooting procedures, Technical Bulletins, Field Service Alerts and Field Changes Orders.
- Provide input, creation and management of processes improvements within department to enhance productivity.
- May also be required, as part of new product technical support, to assist in providing technical support to field engineers, regional technical support engineers, and integrator account team members who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging, and communicating issues associated with complex laser-based systems.
- May be involved in customer installation launch teams, training, and preparation associated with successful new product launch to customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSEE or BSME with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related Semiconductor Equipment discipline, or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on electronic systems
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Applies thorough knowledge of design methodologies. Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
- Requires advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: ProEngineer, Excel, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, Agile.Java, Visual Basic programming knowledge is desired but not required.
- Must have a combination of and/or significant strengths in electronics, software, mechanical engineering, optics.
- Must possess knowledge of Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) equipment installation and support, i.e. stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems.
- System performance related data analysis, system troubleshooting, and applied technical problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret complex situations as required to develop appropriate actions.
- Must have significantly contributed to the successful completion of one or more projects.
- For regions - oral and written English language skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Applied technical support/field service experience in semiconductor photolithography/semiconductor fab environment is highly desired.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
Context of the position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE