30+ days ago - req803
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development, Mechanical Engineering
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Mechanical Development (MDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical functions and modules within these products.Within MDEV the group Handling Tools & Transport Systems is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport tools and packaging for ASML machines.
The packaging coordinator has the responsibility of developing all packaging for one or several module projects. As a packaging specialist he discusses packaging demands within the project and arranges for the requests to be processed from inventory up to final release within a set timeframe. He or she has contacts both within ASML (e.g. module project, logistics, production) and outside (co-developers for packaging development, suppliers of the packaging).
- Sets full set of items to be packed together with the module projects. Discusses all related issues (e.g. handling, logistics).
- Sets full set of requirements for the packaging to be developed.
- Determines the concepts for the packaging. Integrates handling, packaging and logistic elements to ensure the best solution.
- Monitors and evaluates packaging development projects. Focuses on timing, quality and costs for all packaging within his scope.
- Is responsible for all reviews needed to be performed within the packaging development project. These include design reviews, documentation, SAP implementation and design verification (e.g. fit tests).
- Meets with the module project on regular basis and communicates with all involved parties (ASML disciplines, co-developers, suppliers).
Bachelor degree (HBO) or higher in mechanical/electrical design or similar level acquired by working experience.
- Practical multiple years experience as packaging specialist in a similar function in a multidisciplinary organization
- Knowledge of ASML processes
- Knowledge of ASML industrial packaging
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Fluent Dutch and English in word and in writing.
Context of the position
The Packaging Coordinator will report to the TL packaging.