30+ days ago - req8567
Software Competency Engineer
In a nutshell
- Able to solve Software and Fab Automation related issues.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support (on-site when necessary) to
the 1st line team during escalation.
- Engage with GSC or Factory support (D&E, Service
Engineering, etc.) effectively during escalation and maintain the relationship
with related peer groups (e.g. TS engineers from other countries).
- Lead in technical escalations in terms of defining
Deterministic, Future Looking Action Plan (DFLAP) and communicating clearly
with all stakeholders.
- Attend customer meetings together with fab team when
- Involve in various projects and continuous improvement
initiatives from both internal and external customer.
- Perform specialized technical services to Sales and / or
other departments or (internal) customers, function as a point of technical
- Keep up with relevant developments in own specialist
field, teach others in own field of expertise.
- Actively share information and Best Known Methods (BKM)
within local organization and peer groups.
- Bachelor or Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mathematics or Physical Sciences
- Working knowledge of Solaris UNIX OS
- Working knowledge of Redhat LINUX OS
- Working Knowledge of UNIX/Shell scripting language
- Working knowledge of SECS/GEM standard for semiconductor
- Familiar with Fab Automation software
- Knowledge of basic computer troubleshooting and networking
- Knowledge of productivity & collaborative software
such as MS/PowerPoint, MS/Excel, Sharepoint, OneNote
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills, attention
to details and a quality mindset.
- Good professional communication and presentation skills
with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Possesses strong will to keep pushing himself/herself to
achieve more and exceed expectations.
- Proactive attitude and open mindset towards learning and
- Excellent teamwork and strong ownership are mandatory.
- Flexibility is highly appreciated, given the dynamic
business environment in the local team.
- Able to withstand high stress and work independently during