30+ days ago - req872
Senior System Dynamics Designer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development, DUV, EUV
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration, qualification and industrialization of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
As a Senior System Dynamics Designer you contribute to the design of the system’s dynamic architecture or a passive or active vibration control module. This is done by specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration and test planning and test execution of system components or modules, with the emphasis on dynamics, signal analysis and functional Integration and troubleshoot. The dynamic architecture together with the active or passive vibration isolation is one of the pillars that determine the machines performance
Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design of the system’s dynamic architecture/vibration control module with the following responsibilities:
- Optimizing design using predictive modeling techniques;
- architectural design and perform trade-offs between mechanical, electronic and software solutions;
- technical budget analysis;
- selection of critical components and technologies;
- supporting development of critical components and processes in the supply chain;
- Integration and test planning of the system/module;
- Documentation of system/module specifications, design, and test analysis results.
Technical University masters / PhD in Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering or (technical) Physics
- Typically 5 – 10 years of industry experience in the design of mechatronics solutions
- Experience with modeling of dynamic systems and the use of active or passive vibration isolation methods.
- Experience in measuring of dynamic system behavior (modal analysis, vibration analysis).
- Specialist knowledge in the fields of dynamics, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledgeof the areas control-engineering, position measurement and actuator systems
- Highly motivated, enthusiast and flexible;
- Good communicator;
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense;
- Ability to technical lead a multidisciplinary team;
- Convince others of your ideas;
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude;
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.