30+ days ago - req9338
Electronic Design Engineer - Senior Level
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & Development
Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for senior level Electronic Design engineering positions for our San Diego, CA location.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Lead the specification, design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create electronic systems and associated engineering specifications. Contribute to technical roadmap planning, promote innovation and incorporate relevant new technologies and methodologies into the design process. Provide guidance to team on advanced technologies including digital communication (PCIe, EtherCAT, etc), photo-detectors, differential signaling, wideband circuits, distributed signal acquisition, and signal integrity in a noisy environment. Assist management with schedule and project planning activities.
- Define, specify and oversee subsystems to meet the overall system specifications, costs and project planning boundaries. Cooperate with other disciplines and suppliers to ensure the timely realization of reliable and serviceable products. Participate in the definition of system specifications
- Select right hardware architecture to facilitate the efficient implementation of required functionality within a complex high-precision system with multiple interdependencies
- Show technical leadership in steering the team towards use of best design practices, and influence stakeholders to realize the hardware architecture and design methods
- Own quality of electronic designs
BSEE required, MSEE or PhD preferred
- 8+ years experience in electronic design, with significant hands-on experience in requirements specification, detailed design, component evaluation and selection, design validation and qualification
- deep knowledge of digital and analog circuit design fundamentals
- hands-on experience with board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting , including experience with engineering test equipment such as logic analyzers and bus analyzers
- broad technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity, EMC, electronic safety and other system-level concepts
- hands-on experience with schematic capture and simulation tools preferred
- knowledge of change management and revision control tools will be a plus
- strong team player, preferably experienced in cross-functional team environments
- strong communication skills including ability to author technical specifications, status reports, business correspondence and procedures
- demonstrated ability to work in a process driven environment, with a structured problem solving approach
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE