30+ days ago - req9340
Electronic Design Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & Development
Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for senior level Electronic Design engineering positions for our San Diego, CA location.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
"This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”Job Description
Own design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create electronic systems, validation plans and test infrastructure. Contribute to technical roadmap planning, promote innovation and incorporate relevant new technologies and methodologies into the design and integration processes. Provide guidance to team on advanced electrical and electronics technologies.
- Create PLC based machine controls for critical electronic systems
- Work with electrical/electronic architecture and design engineers to create pre-integration qualification plans
- Provide system-level support for electronic components installed in the field including debugging and failure analysis
- Own quality of electronic designs
- BSEE required, MSEE a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in software development; PLC experience a plus
- 1+ years’ experience in electronic design, with significant hands-on experience in design, component evaluation and selection, design validation and qualification
- knowledge of digital and analog circuit design fundamentals
- hands-on experience with board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting , including experience with engineering test equipment such as logic analyzers and bus analyzers
- broad technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity, EMC, electronic safety and other system-level concepts a plus
- knowledge of change management and revision control tools will be a plus
- strong team player, preferably experienced in cross-functional team environments
- strong communication skills including ability to author technical specifications, status reports, business correspondence and procedures
- demonstrated ability to work in a process driven environment, with a structured problem solving approach
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE