30+ days ago - req9384
Principal Product Engineer - OPC
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & Development, Electrical Engineering
Physics, Physics, Mathematics
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our state of the art Optical Proximity Correction product (OPC+). This position will be in our OPC PEG (Product Engineering Group) organization.
The Product Engineering Group is responsible for Tool benchmark / new engagements, New product / feature definition, Release testing with acceptance tests, Second-line support of current accounts, and Training (internal / external). The team functions as a link between R&D and customers and interacts with most of the other teams (Marketing, Field, Sales, QA, etc.); therefore this job provides a broad exposure to whole pictures of the product. PEG engineers play a key role in shaping and directing product growth and development.
- Understand the request/feedback from customers and envision the technical trend with the marketing team.
- Define the details of new product features and improvements in each release.
- Test and qualify the new features and improvements in each release, providing the proof book, documentation, and training materials.
- Keep improving OPC+ product by internal studies and innovations.
- Support customers as a second-line engineer to Field engineers to resolve customer issues.
- Engage in a new customer benchmark / evaluation, and provide the best solution with the Field team.
M.Sc./M.Eng. and above in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Optical Engineering, Imaging science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent education/ experience.
- In-depth research or engineering experience.
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in semiconductor technology engineering with an emphasis on computational lithography, lithography, semiconductor processing, or related fields.
- Direct experience in OPC (Optical Proximity Correction), including lithography simulation, RET, or advanced mask technology is a plus.
- Customer support experience is a plus.
- Experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team.
- Intermediate / advanced software programming skills: for example, python, C/C++, lua, and/or MATLAB/MATHCAD.
- Quick learner and flexibility are key attributes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer