30+ days ago - req9890
Mechanical Lead Engineer (Frames and Infra)
Research & Development
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development, Research & Development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Lead Engineer in Mechanical development at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group frames and infra is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
Position in the Organization
The Lead Engineer reports to the group leader of frames and infra and is operational within projects.
Specify, design and test main frame constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of high precision mechanical modules, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers in your team. You interface cross project with Lead Engineers, architects and system engineers.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for main frame constructions and service mechanisms.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Excellent knowledge of design principles for precision mechanics and of designing on stiffness.
- Experience in the field of manufacturability of high precision mechanical parts
- Technical communication with suppliers.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out)
- Critical on results.
- Creative problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of English
Working at ASML
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal RequisitionLocals, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.