30+ days ago - req9951
Mechanical Architect Wafer Tables and Clamps
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Wafer tables and clamps are the mechanical interface between our machine and the wafers that we process. A product that needs to provide a nanometer accurate platform for over a million wafer passes. It requires the complex combination of precision engineering, tribology, materials and high precision manufacturing competences to realize this.
You are the mechanical architect that controls, understands and drives this development to get a product that meets our demands. You interface with the functional Architects and Project leads and steer the technical teams.
Take full technical ownership of the hardware product developments and drive to meet the functional demands. Define the critical product requirements and identify and mitigate development and product risks. Provide realistic solutions to achieve the optimal product.
- Take the technical lead in the hardware developments for Wafer Tables, Wafer Clamps and contributing hardware.
- Align on clear and realistic functional requirements and translate them to hardware requirements.
- Breakdown complex technical challenges and provide a solution strategy.
- Provide technical guidance and steer the engineering teams.
- Identify the technical risks and engage the required competences to understand and mitigate these risks.
- Develop creative solutions and manage technical uncertainties.
- Verify and qualify the functional deliverables.
Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering from a technical university.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in the development of precision hardware.
- Multiple years of experience in leading a team of technical experts.
- In depth knowledge of precision engineering, optics/ceramics manufacturing techniques and tribology is required.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Able to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- Looks for opportunities and threats and takes initiative.
- Drives for decisions and takes responsibility for them.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting. Fluent in English.
This position required access to US controlled technology.
Internal reference: #LI-IK1